Sunday 8 March 2015

Cawfee scrub

This took me about 2 minutes to make, I had everything I needed on hand and you probably do too. 
I got a pedicure yesterday with my sister for her birthday and we both got a sugar scrub pedi. Best decision I made all day. With our legs slathered in a sugary and oily concoction, we looked at each other and I knew I had to recreate this at home. 
This is a method, I didn't measure ANYTHING! Just add things until the consistency is what you want it to be.

Ingredients:
Coconut Oil
Coffee Grounds 
Epsom Salt
Sugar

Method:
I took the jar of coconut oil I had under my bathroom sink, it was about 1/3 full. I threw it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
I poured the melted coconut goodness into a bowl and emptied my grounds from the coffee I made this morning into the mix. 
I mixed in approx equal amounts of Epsom salt and sugar until it looked like everything was coated in oil (refer to image below)
I poured everything back into the jar and stored in the shower.

Here's a breakdown of why I used the ingredients I used:
Coconut oil: moisturizer (DUH), antibacterial
Epsom salt: helps muscle cramps, magnesium boost
Coffee grounds: deodorizer, exfoliant


Brb, shaving my legs and scrubbing them smooooooth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment